Safety and Product Disclaimers
Experimenting is fun! Science Matters experiments are designed to be safe to do at home, but there are risks in doing any science experiment, demonstration, or activity. This is not to be used as a complete list of safety precautions – please read all warning labels carefully! Read and understand the information below before starting.
Use of Materials is at Your Own Risk
Any materials that are part of the science kit, or any materials otherwise suggested by Science Matters for you to use, are to be used by you at your own risk. By using any materials, you agree that Science Matters will not be liable in any way for any losses or damages, including without limitation, personal injury and property damages, in connection with the use of any materials.
Use of Science Matters materials or services may present a risk or hazard to your health. By using them, you agree to read, understand, and comply with the following. The following is a non-exhaustive list of disclaimers and precautions.
- Adult supervision is required for use of the Goods and Service.
- Read and understand all instructions before starting any experiment, demonstration, or other activity.
- Keep all instructions.
- Dress for the experiment: skin should be covered, apron and eye protection should be worn.
- Select a safe work area – this should be an area that is ventilated, ok with spills, and away from younger children and pets.
- Know what to do if there is a spill or accident – come up with a plan with an adult before you begin experimenting.
- Have a first aid kit available and near.
- Ensure there will be an adult present. Never experiment alone.
- Carefully follow all instructions while doing any experiment, demonstration, or activity. Do not create your own experiment or mixtures.
- Do not eat or drink while doing any experiment, demonstration, or activity.
- NEVER taste or smell materials unless explicitly directed in the instructions. Never put any materials on or near your face.
- Never leave an experiment, demonstration, or other activity unattended.
- Thoroughly clean up when you are done. Wash all used equipment with warm soap and water. Properly store all materials out of reach of younger children and pets.
- Wash your hands when you are done, or if you need to take a break.
Heed all warnings.
WARNING: This is a science education product, not a toy. It is not intended for children under 6 years old.
WARNING – BALLOON CHOKING HAZARD – Children under 8 years can choke or suffocate on uninflated balloons or broken balloons. Adult supervision required. Keep uninflated balloons from children. Discard broken balloons at once.
WARNING – PLASTIC BAGS – This kit includes plastic bags. To avoid danger of suffocation, keep plastic bags away from babies and children. Do not use bags in cribs, beds, carriages or play pens. These bags are not a toy.
WARNING – SMALL MAGNETS – This product contains small magnets. Swallowed magnets can cause serious infections and death. Seek immediate medical attention if magnets are swallowed or inhaled.
WARNING – CHOKING HAZARD – This product contains small parts and should be kept out of the reach of children under age 3. The parts or their pieces may present a choking hazard.
WARNING – CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 – This product contains or may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov