The First Great Lesson
When the Universe was forming, there were particles moving everywhere. The force of the Universe brought some of the particles together, and kept some of them apart. I wonder what will happen if I drop these moving particles down into the water below.
- Large Bowl
- Confetti or Small Pieces of Paper
- Fill ¾ of the bowl with water
- Pick up a small handful of paper bits
- Slowly sprinkle pieces of paper into the bowl
- Observe what happens
- Were the pieces of paper attracted to each other, or did they repel each other? Or neither? Or both?
- How did the paper move in the water with no outside force (touching, blowing)?
- How does this experiment relate to the story of how the Universe came to be?